Menu
Adie_Mate
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD box problems

I've got two problems with my Samsung V+ HD box....

1) Occasionally when I change channel it will go to the channel but display only a blank screen. If I then go back to the original channel that will also be blank and so will any other channel. The only way round it is to reboot the box and it will then be ok for a while until the next time it happens. This has been happening since last Sunday.

2) Recorded programmes - I go to play one of them and although it starts I do not see it's picture - I only see the 'control' buttons over the top of the picture of the tv channel. I then stop the recorded programme and I can then do nothing further...the tv programme continues and the box is 'locked' to that channel and the only way to get out of it is to reboot the box. 

Anyone think I may need a new box or can it be resolved otherwise?

0 Kudos
tony1928
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD box problems

I recently had exactly the same problems.. I don't have a Virgin phone, so dialed  0345 454 1111 - you will need to have your account number and your area code number available (and possibly your password). The technician I spoke to was very helpful and arranged for me to be supplied with a replacement V+ box; it arrived within 48 hours.

I had problems in setting up/activating the new box - AP52 error - so phoned 0800 953 9500, you will need your account number at al, as above. Again, a very helpful technician; he put everything to rights (don't ask me how) and the box is now performing as it should.

.-

0 Kudos
Adie_Mate
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

I contacted Customer Support via Online chat and they have arranged to send an engineer next week. 

0 Kudos
Adie_Mate
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The engineer replaced the V+ HD box with a Tivo box. Problem sorted!

0 Kudos