Menu
arronrose871
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD box on new install

Ordered Virgin Media last week and having just had to call to sort out installation charge issue. Got advisor to confirm what had been ordered.

Thought I had a 1tb Tivo, 500gb Tivo and a V HD box coming but advisor is adamant that V HD box is a V+ HD so I have 3 recordable boxes coming. 

I thought V+ HD boxes were being phased out due to changes in the encoding for Sky Premium channels so am worried now my third box won't be able to access Sky Sports/Movies.

Any ideas if this is the case?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD box on new install

The sky switcher offer comes with a Samsung v+ which is fine for MPEG4

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to worry about.

Your third box will be a refurbished Samsung V+HD box, which unlike the older SA V+ box, is quite capable of receiving MPEG4 encoded channels.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

arronrose871
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear.

Didn't think they were still giving out V+ boxes to new customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only applies to certain offers. Mind you I wish they wouldn't, as some can have reliability issues. Not a good thing with new customers, let alone existing ones.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Ellaye
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

just reading this post and interested to see the comment about reliability issues! We got a refurbished V+ HD box on 28th December after our old one had a fault. Already we are having problems! Some channels are just not there, in fact more channels are not there than those that are. You can be watching a channel and it will freeze. You can try to change the channel and some will be there but most will not.  Channels 101 to 107 were ok but 108 wasn't there so I assumed it must be only the HD channels that weren't there. Going up through the channels though there were lots of SD channels not available and no Sky channels at all, whether HD or not. If we reboot it will fix the problem but it will re-occur shortly afterwards. It was rebooted 3 times last night! We have called 150 and been told there isn't a problem with the box. Well we beg to differ! What could be causing this? We also have a TiVo box and V HD box that are working ok but the V+ box is connected to the best TV. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Ellaye

0 Kudos