Menu
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD box keeps crashing

My V+ HD box is having problems on an almost daily basis. Sometimes I cannot switch it on (remote or directly) and other times it completely freezes when I'm watching tv.
I have also had problems trying to fast forward/rewind on my recorded shows, this also sometimes freezes it so that I have to unplug/plug back in the box etc to get it working again.
Can this be fixed remotely or is my box on the way out?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ HD box keeps crashing

Kellyh2 wrote:
Hi, I have replied for the engineer call out, but have switched tv on tonight and now I have a 2006 error and cannot watch any ore recorded programmes at all , which is basically all I use this box for.
Tried two reboots with no success

The forum team may take up to another week to respond. The quickest way to get this resolved is to ring them up if you'd rather not wait.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited

All Replies
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you having any problems with your TiVo box also? There's a slim chance your signal levels are out which would cause the temperamental behaviour but it's most likely a failed hard drive in the box which can't be repaired. I can only advise checking the white coax cable in the back of the box is screwed in tight, and at the wall also.

Ring Virgin and speak to faults and they can check from their end what the issue is. They'll either send an engineer (usually only if there's signal issues) or post out a replacement box. This would be a TiVo or a V6 as V+ boxes are being phased out and are no longer carried. You will lose your recordings in this case.

Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

THank you for quick response.

No problems with my TiVo except it can be a little slow reacting sometimes but it appears a lot of people have this issue so presume that's normal .

Will have to give virgin a ring then, looks like it's terminal 😩
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah the slow TiVo issue is common and isn't going to get fixed now. As you've already got a TiVo box on your account, you may get a V6. If you don't, I would push for one. They are giving them out to some customers. I received a V6 when my V+ HD box gave up the ghost, but I made a fuss and got the V+ replaced like-for-like and used the V6 to replace my TiVo box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kellyh2,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear the V+ box isn't behaving as it should.  I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and there is a signal issue that I'd like to get an engineer to fix for you.  In order to make an appointment I will send some details in a private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kellyh2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have replied for the engineer call out, but have switched tv on tonight and now I have a 2006 error and cannot watch any ore recorded programmes at all , which is basically all I use this box for.
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kellyh2 wrote:

The forum team may take up to another week to respond. The quickest way to get this resolved is to ring them up if you'd rather not wait.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kellyh2, 

Just a quick note to let you know I have booked and engineer in for you. 

I will pop you a quick PM with further details, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lenny_S
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar problem too.  Had V6 box for a few weeks now and crashes on a daily basis.  Any idea why and how I get this resolved?

0 Kudos