Menu
lolzfidget
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD box has constant problems

Hi,

I posted in the forums a while back about an issue I was having with my V+ HD box and the problems have recently resurfaced and are only getting worse. I'm always missing the end of programmes, despite the buffer setting being correct and tonight I missed the last 45 minutes of a film I recorded. I also have problems with the box rebooting during programmes, pause/fast forward/rewind/play are sometimes very laggy and programmes freezing altogether. I've had this box for maybe 3 years now which I think is still quite 'young' for it to be playing up the way it is. I've checked wiring, dust and connections and it all seems fine. I unplug it every night as the humming and the light keeps me awake so I don't know if that affects it? Has anyone had any of these problems before and know of any solutions?

Thanks!

Laura
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD box has constant problems

Firstly, have your signal levels checked a this may cause some of the issues you have (give faults  call on 150).

As far as the age of the box is concerned, it is far more than three years old, & will have had a previous owner before being refurbed & given to you. V+ boxes ceased production in 2011. If the box is replaced it may replaced by one refurbed several times.

3 years for a refurb is not bad.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD box has constant problems

HI lolzfidget

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and I can see some errors with your set top box from our end.

As a result, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information about this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to getting this issue resolved.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos