Menu
shearski
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V HD box flashing heart and error

My V HD box has had a flashing blue heart for a while now, I have tried resetting it but with no luck. Watching tv channels is fine but when I select any other option on the home screen such as on demand or help i get an error message with ref 1033.

I rang 150 and the woman i spoke to did some tests and tried to send some signals but agreed that it needed an engineer visit.

It is very rare that I am at home during the day but I recently opted for the broadband speed increase and ordered the router - I have selected January 22nd for the engineer to visit (although it hasn't been confirmed yet) I asked on the phone if this engineer could also look at the V HD box but she didn't understand what I was saying.

Will this engineer be able to look at it? Or do they only do the job they are assigned to do? If this is the case how do I arrange that the same engineer does both tasks?

Thanks

Alec

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD box flashing heart and error

While this could be a box fault, it is most likely an upstream signal issue, which means your box cannot send information back to the network. This explains why your TV channels work, but nothing else. The engineer that installs the hub should be checking signal levels as part of the install, but I would contact faults to make sure the issue is added to the job card.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

shearski
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - should i wait until i have the broadband engineer date confirmed?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shearski, 

Many thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Community, it's great to see you again and that you've already had some help from Nodrogd Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing issues on the TV services. I've been looking into this and I've been able to identify a few signal issues on the TiVo and would indeed need an engineer as previously you have discussed on the phone.

There are a few more details that I'd like to discuss and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos