Menu
Saturdayat3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V HD box fault

My V HD box has developed a fault and will not stay on.

Have tried troubleshooting it but this does not work. The unit has not overheated. Unplugging for a while then switching back on starts to boot up but switches off again, so no joy there. Tried holding the standby button to get 'stop' to appear but does not work either.

Tried phoning for help, but the options are of no help at all. Tried the website but again there is no relevant help options.

Eventually had to post here to try and sort this. Not happy if this is the best customer support has to offer!

0 Kudos
weareinarea21
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD box fault

Mine developed a weakness in the power socket and/or power connector which happened on its own and not through any force being applied, but meant that the connector was always loose.

When hard rebooting the box, I would always have to sure the power connector was fully connected and turn it in the socket until it came back on.
0 Kudos
Saturdayat3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried your suggestion of turning the power cable in the rear socket. Strangely enough this appears to have worked.

As you mention, there has been no damage to the box or force applied. If there is an inherent weakness in the cable, this begs the question is it safe to use?

I don't like the thought of a potential electrical fire due to a faulty power lead!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Saturdayat3,

Welcome back to the Community, I can see that it's been a while Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the V HD issue. I would love to help and investigate this for you but I've had a little bit of a speed bump.

I need some additional information so I can check this over. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos