Menu
chrishm
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V HD box HDMI Output

I have a TiVo box in my lounge and a V HD box in another room. The V HD box was connected via its Scart connector to an 'HD Ready' TV and all was OK until recently when the TV went faulty and the replacement TV was found to not have a Scart connection. 

I should easily be able to resolve the problem by using the V HD box's HDMI output but this doesn't appear to work. Is this a known problem? If so who should I contact about the problem? I haven't had a lot of luck with the support line so far!

Chris

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD box HDMI Output

The HDMI output should work, but will be switched to non HD (576i) resolution by default. If the TV is not recognising this (or cant use it) that may be causing the problem.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
chrishm
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I've gone through the setup instructions on two HD TV's and only the Scart output works. Neither 720 or 1080 work. As TV's are now being sold without Scart connections I need the Virgin box to output HD on the HDMI Connector. Can you please supply a replacement box asap.

Thanks
Chris Murden
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As I say, it should work. The problem is the box has been operating in SCART mode, & needs switching to HDMI. I don't know if there is an easy way to do this if you cannot see the menu output through the box to change it.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3939&CURRENT_C...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
chrishm
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. However I've been through the setup several times now and with various combinations of HD settings and none of them work. Also please note that the TV has no scart connector. Please supply a replacement box asap. I will return it in the unlikely event that it doesn't solve the problem!

Thanks
Chris
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Press home then 8 for setting then 4 change display and audio settings down 1 for tv display output

Then it would be enter or right or both (not sure)

0 Kudos
chrishm
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are these instructions for setting up the HDMI output of a V HD box when it's connected to an HD TV without a Scart input? Presumably there won't be any display until after the last step?

Thx
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

chrishm wrote:
Are these instructions for setting up the HDMI output of a V HD box when it's connected to an HD TV without a Scart input? Presumably there won't be any display until after the last step?

Thx

Correct

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Strange, as we have a V-HD box, that was operating on scart, but when our new tv arrived, only had HDMI sockets, so just plugged an HDMI from TV into the V-HD box, (after disconnecting the scart) and when V-HD box was switched on, we got a message on the TV, saying something like 'this box can operate in HD mode, rather than standard mode, do you want to change to HD mode?'

when selected 'yes' we were a offered a sub menu regarding various HD settings. chose the appropriate ones, and away we went??

Might be your cable is faulty, or your box has a faulty HDMI??

0 Kudos
chrishm
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Im sorry but you don't appear to understand the problem. I have now tried 3 TVs, 2 with Scart connectiors and 1 without. NONE of them give a picture from the V HD box on their HDMI inputs. IT IS A BOX
FAULT. I have installed a lot of digital systems and am very confident that it is the box. I have already stated that I will return the replacement if it doesn't solve the problem so their is no risk on your side. I have been a loyal customer since 1993 and would like to think this deserves better treatment. I am also not happy with replies that include words like 'it should work ' and 'I don't know '

Who can I escalate this to?
0 Kudos