Menu
JohnKibble
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V HD and TiVo box rebooting

Hi

My V HD & TiVo box keep rebooting! virgin media have replaced my V HD box twice, latest one on 24th April and the latest TiVo box also replaced 24th April. but are both still rebooting! the V HD box between Monday and Tuesday has rebooted 3 times on random times but Wednesday, Thursday and today Friday has rebooted around the same time at 6am. TiVo box has rebooted randomly since monday, latest was today Friday somewhere aroud 5:40am.

Please help

thanks

John

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD & TiVo box rebooting

Constant reboots can be the result of signal or local network issues, particularly as it is affecting both boxes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JohnKibble
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

service status says that there are no faults in my area, i check regularly, i think the engineer tested my line before replacing the boxes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnKibble,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If you're still getting random reboots please let me know.  I have taken an initial look at your boxes and all looks ok at the moment. 

I know you've mentioned that the reboots have happened at random times at some point, if the reboots are still happening, is this still the case?  If you can please give some recent examples since last posting that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JohnKibble
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

next update from the friday reboots, is today saturday, tivo rebooted around 5:40am and the  v hd box around 6am and also i was told the display on the v hd box said either nil or null but came back on after pressing the power button on the remote

regards

john

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me with more updates.

It looks like it is down to local network maintenance.  I have re-checked your box remotely and all is looking great signal wise.  

We are currently carrying out ongoing maintenance in the area to upgrade our network and the reboots are to ensure that the services remain online during this period.  

I'm sorry for any disruption this may cause.  

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JohnKibble
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Collette could you give me a time frame when the network maintenance will be completed, also to let u know that so far i had no reboots since sat. regards John
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

There's no specific schedule as this is something that happens from time to time to ensure our services are working optimally. 

If they do start happening again at random times then don't hesitate to give us a shout and we can check it out for you.

We're here if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos