Menu
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD EPG

I thought that the V+ HD EPG gave 7 days of programme info but I can only get 6 days.  Is there an issue or is the old grey matter going wonky?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD EPG

Its certainly not the grey matter. Its the outdated V+ hardware, which, due to the number of channels now being provided, can only offer a 6 day EPG. Its been like that since the summer 2012 olympics.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd point out that you can generally upgrade a V+ HD box to a 500GB TiVo for a one off £9.99 service activation fee and then at most £5 extra a month on your bill.

If you haven't got TiVo already, it's also possible you could get an overall better bundle deal at the same time - but one thing to point out is that any new deal would put you on the the current advertised broadband speeds.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
I'd point out that you can generally upgrade a V+ HD box to a 500GB TiVo for a one off £9.99 service activation fee and then at most £5 extra a month on your bill.

If you haven't got TiVo already, it's also possible you could get an overall better bundle deal at the same time - but one thing to point out is that any new deal would put you on the the current advertised broadband speeds.

Thanks for the info.  Checking the upgrades page tells me that I would have a £49 installation fee to pay as well which makes the idea less sweet, especially as this is an issue with VM equipment not working as advertised. (I already have one Tivo box).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

£49 fee only applies to engineer installs. TiVO is now available as a self-install pack, so the fee should not apply.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sland wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Checking the upgrades page tells me that I would have a £49 installation fee to pay as well which makes the idea less sweet, especially as this is an issue with VM equipment not working as advertised. (I already have one Tivo box).

The 'My upgrades and offers' page for some reason can go a little odd when dealing with upgrades to existing kit. However if you contact Customer Services either by phone or via the online chat that's on Contact Us, they should be able to help.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own