Menu
dreamengineer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V HD Box and HD/SD Channel issues AGAIN

Morning Virgin

I am again having pixelated, bitty and some SD/ HD channels not appearing at all through my V HD box.
this has happened twice before and I have had various filtering added to the box by the engineers.
it has got progressively worse since last wednesday.

I have checked everything possible but I think an engineer is needed, can some one check my Virgin HD box and confirm its just not on its way out and needs replacing or is it the signal to it again?

Many thanks 

Mark 

0 Kudos
dreamengineer
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD Box and HD/SD Channel issues AGAIN

this morning all channels were freezing I couldnt watch anything Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dreamengineer,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting pixelated pictures on the VHD box.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely for you and I have found a detectable signal fault.  This will require an engineer to call round and fix so I will pop all the details in a private message for you.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dreamengineer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, I have replied Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
dreamengineer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK now the engineer has been and gone, however despite his best efforts its still as bad and progressively getting worse losing channels by the day and its been established the street cable is knackered and requires replacing.

it has been scheduled for the 23rd June, thats like a month poor service, is there anyway to bring this forward? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If its a cable re-pull back to the street cabinet, then this is a private contractor job & not done by Virgin themselves. Cable pull teams also have to cover several cable franchise areas, so it is normal to have a 1 to 2 week wait for these jobs to be done.

If the cable damage is the result of a collapsed duct, then things become even more complicated, with local authority work permits having to be obtained, & construction contractors getting involved.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
dreamengineer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nodrogd,
thanks for taking the time to reply, the engineer who was with me today explained the same thing, he did mention that Virgin Engineers now do the whole thing in one go, the cable works to a degree its just not delivering sufficient signal or to use the engineers terms "its shagged"

completely agree its not an over night task and 1-2 weeks seems more plausible than a whole month Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there dreamengineer, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you continue to experience issues with your channels, and of course that the fix is so far away. 

I've taken a look at the technician availability, and unfortunately there are no earlier appointments for the crew to call out. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
dreamengineer
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Huw
thanks for taking the time to check this out, looks like I will have to suffer in pixels till a new cable is pulled in ....

Smiley Happy
0 Kudos