Menu
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD Box Rebooted

V+ HD Box rebooted without warning at 0203.  Why can you people not provide a service that just works?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD Box Rebooted

Usually reboots due to network updates take place between 4 & 6am, so the likelihood is the V+ detected an internal issue & rebooted to correct it. Not only do my V+ boxes do this, my new Freesat box does it as well, although the restart process is far quicker than the V+.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Sland
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You would think that, if the box was being used, then it would postpone the update.  Microsoft doesn't automatically reboot your PC without asking.  #PoorDesign

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sland,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the V+HD box has been playing up. I have been looking into this and I can see that there is an outage linked to your property.

I've included the details below for you records and hope that this is sorted for you sooner:-

Issue identified:                SNR outage, (Signal to Noise Ratio).

Estimated review date:    31st of May 2016

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Happened again.  01 June @ 02:59.  Why is your service so crap?????

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

2nd June 02:50 yet another outage while watching a program.  I have had enough of this.  My issues are:

Internet Bandwidth oversubscribed since Aug 2014
TVA Webpage shows wrong regions
V+ box keeps rebooting while I am watching programs
V+ box only gives 5 or 6 days of listings instead of the advertised 7 days
TV "Anywhere" isn't! It is TV "Only where there is WiFi"

Consequently, as well as not charging me for me Internet, you can stop charging me for TV until you fix this.  I am not going to pay you money for a service as crap as this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sland,

Thank you for replying back to me so soon, my apologies on the SNR issues that looks like, from today's search, they're still in effect. 

The date of the outage review date had been moved back to the 6th of June 2016. I can understand that you are feeling frustrated and would like to take a look at your account once completed and amend any shortfalls in services for you. 

Please stay in touch and I'll check back in on your on the 6th to make sure there's been some development. 

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi Sland,

Thank you for replying back to me so soon, my apologies on the SNR issues that looks like, from today's search, they're still in effect. 

The date of the outage review date had been moved back to the 6th of June 2016. I can understand that you are feeling frustrated and would like to take a look at your account once completed and amend any shortfalls in services for you. 

Please stay in touch and I'll check back in on your on the 6th to make sure there's been some development. 

Many thanks.

Ben

See this  http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-unreachable-via-Web-and-Android/m-p/311...

Yet another outage.  Please respond to my question, why am I having to pay for a service that is nowhere near what is advertised.  I INSIST i have a rebate until all issues are fixed!

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Still cannot watch recorded programs at 0100.  Given all the other problems I suffer I want you to supply me with a second TIVO box with no installation fee and no initiation fee.  I am happy to install it myself but I am not putting up with your substandard service any more.  Free second TIVO box with no fees other than the monthly payment or I am gong to go batshit!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sland,

Thanks for your reply.

In regards to the box rebooting in the early hours, it will be as nodrogd advise will be due to maintenance so that we can keep all our services up to date and working as best as possible.  I understand it is not always convenient for all but we do this in the early hours to help minimise impact.  

I am sorry for the disruptions you're experiencing right now we are working to make the necessary improvements.  In regards to a TiVo® upgrade, the best thing to do is give our team a call on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and I'm sure we can help with this.  They will be able to discuss the possibility of any possible credit as well.

We're here to help, if you do have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos