Menu
Highlighted
pudsuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD Box - Noise

My V+ HD box upstairs, its really noisy.  Its like you can hear the hard drive making so much noise, fans etc.

The box is really sluggish and un-responsive.

Does anyone know if this can be replaced???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD Box - Noise

The cooling fans can get noisy if they get clogged. If this is the main issue, run a vacuum cleaner around the outlet & it may clear the issue. If not then call faults. Sluggish responses can be caused by signal issues as well as box issues.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

pudsuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Will give it a clear out, I did look last night and it didn't appear to bad, but will give it a go. Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi pudsuk,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear the V+ HD box is really noisy.

I can see nodrogd has already offered some advice around this which is greatly appreciated. Did you manage to give the vents a little clean as suggested and has the noise improved? I would have had a quick check over the box for you but I'm having some difficulties locating your account details. If you're still having trouble I can certainly take a further look at this for you, just let me know.

Regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos