Menu
keithsftnrb
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD Box - Box keeps freezing

I have 2 V+ HD boxes along with a tivo box and one of the V+ boxes keeps freezing numerous times daily on TV and when watching recorded programmes forcing me to reboot the box everytime to enable me to watch it again and its driving me nuts. Can anyone help?.. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD Box - Box keeps freezing

A warm welcome Keithsftnrb to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing freezing on one of your V+ boxes.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and I can see a signal issue with one of them so I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix this for you.

I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just had a technican to fit a new Samsung V+ HD box yesterday,and now i am having the same problem because of it freezing the picture on certain channels especially HD channels,the problem is that the screen will usually go blank/black and no picture.The sound is audible.

I have rebooted the V+ HD box and this then solves the problem,but only for a short peroid of time and why should i keep having

to do this,when the problem could be rectified another way.Please could you get back to me on this problem.May be run some tests.

Thanks if you can help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greenback66,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this fault with the V+ service.  

I will be happy to help check this out for you.  I have connected to your b ox remotely and I can see signal problems that need fixing.  I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

I'll send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Trevorking1964
Just joined
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Anyone have a definitive solution for this?
My hd+ Box is freezing. Started this morning.
It's only lasting a few minutes with a reset and then doing it again.
0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Snap!

There are 2 problems listed on the service page for our area neither of these relate to freezing pictures.

Roll on the new year when we are looking at changing supplier, it just not worth the £95 a month

0 Kudos
Blinker
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same as above post 2 things in are area to do with ondemand nothing to do with freezing. The v+ box seems ro freeze on certain channels. It happens on the drama channel every 5 mins. I think this might be channel related more than box relayed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trevorking1964,

Thank you for posting, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on the TV services in the home. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer. It would seem that one or more boxes and services have some power level issues that would need addressing.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Barraboy494
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Call me cynical but could this be a ploy by Virgin to redirect people from Netflix to Virgin movies to boost their profits. Netflix £7 a month Virgin nearly a fiver a movie.If not they seem pretty clueless about this problem.
I also note that a lot of replies on here from Virgin seem scripted as if all their advisors have been given a standard reply to give to people who point out this problem.
I have just received a letter stating my subscription is going up soon and that I can cancel for no charge before the end of September. Thank you, I will be doing just that. They are simply fobbing people off.
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How could a V+ HD box freezing redirect people to Virgin Movies? V+ HD boxes do not have access to Netflix but they do have access to Virgin Movies. Have you posted in the wrong thread or something? Smiley Very Happy

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos