Menu
ryan180680
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box swap out

I have a V+ box and have heard there is a swap out happening. Any idea;s when this is happening and how I can make it happen sooner?

0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box swap out

It's only for people with the older Scientific Atlanta V+ boxes who subscribe to Sky Movies or Sky Sports in HD. If you're eligible for the free swap then Virgin Media should contact you soon.

0 Kudos
johnscully
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had an email telling me about it

the new TiVo arrived (1tb) but didn't work - now the box that it was meant to replace is only showing free channels not my sports / movies etc

wish I hadn't bothered (see my post below)

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

johnscully wrote:

I had an email telling me about it

the new TiVo arrived (1tb) but didn't work - now the box that it was meant to replace is only showing free channels not my sports / movies etc

wish I hadn't bothered (see my post below)

My box swap is due to arrive tomorrow but, having seen one customer report that his replacement box never arrived and now your set-up problems, I am beginning to dread tomorrow.

Has anyone successfully gone through the swap?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

An update. The box arrived at about 19:30 last night just as I was about to start watching a Champions League game so I put off the installation until today.

The good news is that it is a Cisco box, the same as I currently have, and the installation process went through without a problem. I have set up some recordings to check that all is OK and I will need to show my children, who used the V+, how to use the Tivo.

It will also be interesting to monitor the performance of a virtually empty box against my current box which tends to be 70 - 80% full. I have some issues with the current box and will check that against the new box.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

An update. The box arrived at about 19:30 last night just as I was about to start watching a Champions League game so I put off the installation until today.

The good news is that it is a Cisco box, the same as I currently have, and the installation process went through without a problem. I have set up some recordings to check that all is OK and I will need to show my children, who used the V+, how to use the Tivo.

It will also be interesting to monitor the performance of a virtually empty box against my current box which tends to be 70 - 80% full. I have some issues with the current box and will check that against the new box.

Can a member of VM staff confirm that the V+ box does not have to be returned and can be recycled?

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi frank_gm, 

That's correct. 

We no longer need customers to return V+ boxes to us so these can be disposed of responsibly Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ryan180680
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath. I now have sky sports and movies with the movies in HD but still have a v+ box but not news or communication of a box swap. Should this have happened? Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As per post 2 above, if you have a Samsung V+ you will not be offered a swap as these boxes are MPEG4 capable. Only the older Scientific Atlanta boxes are being swapped.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos