Menu
Woburn
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box stopped recording and poor Customer Service

I recently returned back from holiday to find that the V+ box had 'Failed' to record any of my scheduled programmes. The problem started on the 8th November as the last programme recorded was on the 7th. When I first switched on the TV it would not pick up any channels at all and across the top of the TV was the word CRITICAL in red.  By rebooting the TV I was able to get it working again, and the scheduled programmes have started to record again. However, I have now lost some none days of recordings, some I cannot view using the 'On Demand' option. I have called Virgin and they are sending out an engineer after saying that there was an 'inout' problem with my V+ box.   But I still feel that having been a 'loyal' customer for seven years,,should I not be due some compensation?  Or at the very least an upgrade to the Tivo box....... Does anyone agree?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box stopped recording and poor Customer Service

Nope. No compensation for this. Virgin, nor any other company claim to offer a fault free service, plus in Virgin's case they own the box, so the recordings on it are actually not your property either. Compensation would only be offered if you reported a fault & then they could not fix it within a reasonable time.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos