Menu
Dazman1973_
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+Box problems.

The V+box me and my partner have is awful. It's a samsung one and we have had 4 engineers out already and replaced the box on 3 occasions. From all accounts the signal is fine and engineer has verified that. Problems we are facing is the box cuts of recordings at the end. Also box will freeze for no reason what so ever. We have a tivo box in the front room and that's fine. For the money we pay every month I do expect a box to work. I don't really want a tivo box in my bedroom because I prefer the samsung v+box but this can't continue. If that's what it takes then so be it. Hope someone can shed some light here.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+Box problems.

There are a lot of people that will agree with you about the Samsung V+HD, but the sad fact is it is very much yesterdays technology. The boxes went out of production in 2011, so all the ones circulating now are 2nd or even 3rd time refurbished units. Some come out of the shop with reliability issues.

Also, the lack of an internal internet modem means you are stuck with no apps, some of which provide additional channels or facilities you may be paying for on the TiVO box.

The best option is really to upgrade to TiVO (you would have to do this anyway if you made any change to your core package now). Phone & talk to Retentions (150, option 4 then 5), & see what they can offer. There will usually be an activation charge for the new box (it should be self-install) & may add £5 a month to your rental, but if you speak nicely too them who knows what you could come away with.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon Dazman1973_

Thank you for choosing us to help you, I can see that you've already met Nodrogd, which is great Smiley Happy

Calling in is certainly a good option if you're looking to get something new and also with lots of apps, it's a benefit. 

If in the meantime you wish to stay with the V+ box, i can get this looked into for you. I have been trying to access your account but have been unable to, can you check your 'Inbox', I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dazman1973_
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sent u a private message Ben. Thanks.

0 Kudos