Menu
Nigel19
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box keeps restarting

I joined Virgin about 4 weeks ago, and over the last two weeks our V+ plus keeps freezing and restarting itself, although it often freezes in the restart process sticking at LD:40 or similar.  I rang Virgin last week, and after switching on and off at the mains and the switch on the back of the box, it started to work.  Today the same thing happened.  I followed the previous restart process and it worked for 30 minutes before shutting down again.  It is now in a loop where it freezes, restarts works for 5 minutes and then repeats.  

Do I need a new box.

thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ Box keeps restarting

Hello Nigel19,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your V+ box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I would like to send one of our team out to get this fixed so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Nigel19,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your V+ box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I would like to send one of our team out to get this fixed so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Nigel19
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rose

The engineer came yesterday, and replaced the box. He also showed me how to find BBC regional channels, which was very useful as our box is set to London, not much use in Hertfordshire.

Now if you could only speed up the Tivo box😊
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nigel19,

Glad to hear the technician was helpful!

There's a little trick you can try to help speed up the TiVo®.

Just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

This process clears background information from the TiVo® to help speed it up.

Let me know if that helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos