Menu
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V Box Software Update

Hi, I've just rejoined Virgin after a few years away. I have an additional box in the bedroom that's just the bog standard Vbox (not + or TiVo).

I cannot believe how antiquated it is. Is there any software update I can do for this or check if it's up to date? It looks dreadful and handle awfully!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V Box Software Update

A VHD is a basic box, If you need fancy featues you need to upgrade to a Tivo.

0 Kudos
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's not just 'fancy' features haha! The EPG looks ancient and looks worse than standard definition. I just thought there might be a way to up date/might be an update available, not that loads the features, but just tidies it up a bit 👍
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The legacy middleware platform these boxes use is now well past its sell-by date, & is running at capacity. A few years ago when a modification was made to the firmware it caused absolute chaos, so I don't think you will see any more updates. VM's standard box is now the TiVO, with the other boxes gradually being phased out as existing customers renew their contracts.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos