Menu
Darren_G1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box Replacement?

I received a call from Virgin and was told that my V+ box needed to be replaced and that a replacement Tivo box would be scheduled for delivery, which I agreed to.  The caller then asked me if I would like to take advantage of a package upgrade that would be cheaper than my current package but would need me to sign a contract for further 12 months.  Having been a customer since TeleWest I thought it was a little cheeky and so declined.

Needless to say, the new Tivo box didn't arrive and so I am starting to think the call was not legitmate.  Is the V+ Box actually being phased out?  Do I really need to have a replacement Tivo?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box Replacement?

Darren_G1 wrote:

Needless to say, the new Tivo box didn't arrive and so I am starting to think the call was not legitmate.  Is the V+ Box actually being phased out?  Do I really need to have a replacement Tivo?

The Scientific Atlantica version of V+ is being phased out. The Samsung V+ one isn't being phased out yet though. The SA one is limited in its features and won't be able to cope with the coming changes.

You can request a box swap here: http://www.virginmedia.com/boxswap

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Darren_G1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box Replacement?

Thank you for your quick response Shelke

I have the Scientific Atlantica version so will use the box swap service. Many thanks again.
0 Kudos