Menu
simong2408
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box Not Pausing or Recording TV

A few months ago our V+ Box was replaced as it stopped pausing live TV, wouldn't record or play recorded programs, and the remote also gave up the ghost.

All has been fine until this weekend when the replacement box has started to do the same thing - I've tried tried turning off at the mains etc but problems persist.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with a simple fix or do I need to get Virgin out to replace the box again?

many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box Not Pausing or Recording TV

All replacement V+ boxes are refurb units. Some of them have reliability issues. I would call customer services in case the issue is account related, but if not its more than likely a hard disk problem, which will result in yet another replacement box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simong2048,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment, welcome to the Team and Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to see you've had some issues with the V+ box here. I've been running some tests and I can certainly see that all of the boxes are having some issues. 

I've checked the hard drives and everything's working well in all honesty but there are some downstream power level issues that would definitely show pixelation.

I'd like to help and sent out an engineer. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
simong2408
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben - but I don't see any private messages

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simong2408,

That was a little odd!

I've 100% made sure you've received it this time and I'm sorry about the delay in reply here.

Have a check now and get back to me Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
simong2408
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben - Received that one and replied Smiley Happy

0 Kudos