Menu
Barr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box Fault Code 3203

V+ Box Fault Code 3203

This is the error code showing on channels 101 - 107 and odd other channels.

So BBC1 (101) will not load but BBC1 HD (108) does load as normal.

Phoning 150 to virgin media gives the automated response there is a fault in the area which the engineers are trying hard to fix (more than 1 week now)

Normal thing of turning power off for 10 mins and re-booting including removing the card out the back makes no diffrence.

All connections are tight.

Service status on virgin medias account page shows no know issues. - starting the test sequence goes up to 26 odd % then goes off.

Some channels have been pixalating for a while now - comes and goes

So does anyone know the cause /solution to this problem short of migrating to sky.

thanks for any help

ps North Birmingham area (Barr Beacon)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box Fault Code 3203

Hi Barr,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that error 3203 is causing disruption with your channels.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

Is this error still present today?  If so, keep me posted as I can check further for you.  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Barr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I changed an internal extension cable and the fault seems to have gone away. Easy solution at a cost of £3 - can't understand why 75% of channels worked ok but not the others.

Hope this helps somebody else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barr,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear that you're channels are working again since you changed the cable.  It's great you have found a solution for yourself.  

I have had a look at your box remotely as last time the signal and power levels were fine.  I can see now that the signal levels have changed and this can sometimes be as a result of the internal cabling being changed over.  Especially if the length of cable is different from the original one.  What happens is it can affect the power levels and input levels which can have a knock on effect to others in the area as well.  

I would like to send out an engineer to call round for you if that's ok?  They will check out our wiring/equipment and ensure all signal levels are what they should be for your connection.  I suspect the fault may return or you may experience other disruptions with the TV service if left unchecked.

To arrange an appointment I will send you a private message with further details.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos