Menu
Hussaie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Using my VHD box in my Bedroom

Hi,

I have a tivo box in my living room. I still have my V HD box As tivo box was sent to my post where I had to self setup. Now I want to use my vhd box in my bedroom. I rang up to query this but the person I spoke to was not making sense to me and I wasn`t very convinced.

I was told I would need to have an active box on my account and all I have is my tivo box linked to my account. So the vhd box is rendered useless and a dormant box.

I was also told that I would need to order new vhd box and also an installation vharge of £40 plus £9.99 to activate.

I want to know as to why I am getting charged for a box which I already have and why cant I set it up myself like I did with my tivo?

Finally I have plugged my vhd box in mu room and it only picks up the bbc channels and my smart card is inserted and a message pops up with an error code 1008 (I think). All I need is my vhd box to be activated.

Please advise me.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using my VHD box in my Bedroom

Was the TiVO sent to you as a REPLACEMENT box or an ADDITIONAL box? If its a replacement, as I suspect, the VHD will no longer be on your account & the smartcard will also be wiped from the system, as TiVO boxes no longer require a card. This box would now have to be replaced if you want an ADDITIONAL box, which would have to be 1) installed by an engineer, & 2) would incurr an additional rental of £6.50 a month on your bill.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Hussaie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So virgin wiped my box without my prior consent or to give me an option? I lose my free entitlement to my v box. On top of this to be charged for an engineer an installation fees. Where has virgin free call outs gone? Im fuming!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you were on a legacy package then you were always likely to lose the second box if you changed package. There are no two box packages now, & soon the only TV box available will be TiVO.

Virgin have free callouts to repair faults only. Install charges are £50. All other non fault alterations are double that price.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Hussaie
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Errmmm I always had the same XL tv package. My package never changed? Im angry as to why I was not given an option? Keep my v box or return it as its rendered useless!!! Believe me I wont be posting it!!!
0 Kudos