Menu
Berisford
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Used Tivo installed this week

My mother-in-law (84) has been using the Virgin TV service since 2008 with one of the V+ recording boxes. The old V+ was never any trouble. A few weeks ago she gets a notice that VM need to upgrade her box, she wasn't happy, lots of treasured recordings in her box. I explain and she accepts the situation. I've been around today to check she's ok with the Tivo and I'm surprised to find this 'new' box is in actual fact a well-used example, with a 94% full hard drive featuring hundreds of recordings going back to 2013. If VM is going to send out used boxes then I'd like to think that the HD would be wiped clear at least..........given the price she pays per month (customer for 8 years, never calls to haggle the price, just pays up every month and VM certainly take advantage) I'd say this is not acceptable VM. Further, how do I delete all the recordings without laboriously going through each one as the previous owners were 'series link' fans?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Used Tivo installed this week

You can go to delete all in settings menu

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All TiVo boxes should go through a full 'screen and clean' process before they're re-issued. You should never get one with existing recordings or series links on it, and the 'screen and clean' makes sure it's working the same as when it was originally made.

Although you can via Help & Settings perform a full box reset, I'd also speak to Virgin Media to ensure that everything else is ok.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can go to delete all in settings menu

0 Kudos
Berisford
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll check that out though I thought I'd been into that setting and the options didn't include deleting the recordings, just the set-up........I'll look again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All TiVo boxes should go through a full 'screen and clean' process before they're re-issued. You should never get one with existing recordings or series links on it, and the 'screen and clean' makes sure it's working the same as when it was originally made.

Although you can via Help & Settings perform a full box reset, I'd also speak to Virgin Media to ensure that everything else is ok.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos