Menu
davidmam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to HD

I appear to be paying for a load of HD channels as part of an XL package but I can't actually see them with the virgin box supplied. Should I have had an upgraded V box to go with the upgraded (and upgraded invoice) TV package? It does seem to be slowly  creeping up in cost and content with no way to downsize, and charging me for things I can't access is definitely some sort of poor practice.

I've had the Vbox for a rather long number of years now, possibly over a decade since Virgin bought out Telewest in our area.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to HD

Prices will always increase unless you regularly renegotiate your deal. If you did this now it would no doubt include an upgrade to a TiVO box, & an upgraded Superhub if you have Virgin Broadband. You can have a VHD box on your current deal for the same rental plus a £20 postage fee for the self-install kit.

Your best bet is to call the Retentions department (150 option 4 then 5) & see what they can offer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos