Menu
Romun15
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading TV package

My partner and I have recently joined with Virgin media a little over 8 weeks ago, and have decided the package we had originally signed up to didn't quite have all the channels desired.   I called the customer services and asked if we could move up from M to M+ and enquired as to how much this would be. Much to my horror we were told that simply to upgrade our TV channel package, not to the very maximum either, would near double our bill! Currently we are paying £32.99pcm for TV, broadband and line rental, like I said we are still in the introductory zone, but were quoted £59.99pcm to simply increase our number of channels. Does anyone have any experience with upgrading with Virgin that would be able to help because that doesnt seem quite right to us. As much as the better half is missing having TLC an extra £27 is a bit excessive for a TV package which is advertised to new customers as being £6pcm more expensive than the package we have. Any help with understanding the upgrade process would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading TV package

Hi Romun15,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having a new face in the crowd Smiley Happy

When you take an introductory offer, you only get this deal if you stay on the same package. When you look at increasing different elements of the deal, 2 things happen. 

1) You lose any promotions you are currently on. 

2) You come out of the bundle meaning you lose any further discount you may have. 

To combat this, it's best to look at increasing the overall package. It will still go up a little but more than likely not by half as much.

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to see what we can do for you Smiley Happy

Let us know how the call goes and if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading TV package

Romun15 wrote:

My partner and I have recently joined with Virgin media a little over 8 weeks ago, and have decided the package we had originally signed up to didn't quite have all the channels desired.  

Any help with understanding the upgrade process would be much appreciated.

It's a bit of a mystery to be honest.  I called at the weekend to add BT Sport for a month and ended up with XL (which includes BT Sport) discounted for six months (just £6/month extra - making my monthly payment £35/month sans line mental) and I confirmed that my loyalty discount of £5 would remain intact even if I downgrade in six months time.  

In light of that, £27/month extra is excessive, but then again as you are probably on the £10-£12/month player package, so you will find that adding any TV on top of that tends to cost even when you sign up. 

It is worth checking the offers link (after you login to my.virginmedia.com) https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/offers  and see if there are any sweeteners.  In the past, I have been given next six months of M+/More free on top of my M TV, and last year got XL, Sports and Movies for an extra £20/month

If TLC is all you want then consider https://tvplayer.com/   You can get TLC for £5/month after the 30 day free trial.  Works on PC and best of all on a Fire TV Stick.  So good, I got rid of my additional VHD box.

0 Kudos