Menu
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to TV XL, add Sky Movies and the first 6 months of Sky Movies is on us!

Gosh, what is it with all the Sky Movies offers!  Have to see which works out best...

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to TV XL, add Sky Movies and the first 6 months of Sky Movies is on us!

arrgee1991 wrote:

Gosh, what is it with all the Sky Movies offers!  Have to see which works out best...

I went through the online order and not only am I down to pay an additional £45.99/month to upgrade from M to XL, I also have to pay a one off £49.95 installation fee.  That cannot be right.  This offer is for existing customers who don't need an install.

I called customer services who told me the cost to go from M to XL is just an extra £29/month.

How do I get this offer correctly priced?

https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/checkout/confirm-order

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to TV XL, add Sky Movies and the first 6 months of Sky Movies is on us!

Mmm!

£45.99 sounds like the full price for XL TV & Sky Movies, but then with VM's billing they usually put the full price on & then discount back for the 6 months of the offer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This offer simply doesn't work.  I went through the internet order and decided not to proceed as the costs looked to be invalid.  Then I I called for it and went through three different people none of whom could do it for me.  An hour out of my life trying to get this.  And then I get a letter in the post telling me it is all going up by £4 in February...

... just to assure myself I am not going crazy, here is the offer.  You would think it couldn't be clearer, but the prices are wrong.

2015-12-12.png

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Note how it says additional monthly cost of £45.99 and Installation of £49.95.  As for the additional set top boxes, I already have two, I don't need anymore, I didn't specify it, so why is that shown?

2015-12-12 (5).png

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ended up speaking to retentions and upgrading to Big Kahuna Sports & Movies for an extra £23/month for 9 month which approximates to the offer of upgrading M TV to XL TV with Movies, but with Sports and faster broadband!  Thanks VM.

0 Kudos