Menu
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade package. Will I get a Tivo or V6 delivered by Yodel?

Been with virgin since the beginning having been a ntl customer. I am paying £67.81 for TV -XL and 70mb broadband and my equipment is Samsung box and Hub2. The Samsung box is very slow now especially around the midnight updates so I rang Customer service and they said I would get the V6, VIVID 200 and Hub 3 which with my loyalty bonus I will pay £68.00 pm instead of the normal £71. My email states I will get  Full House TV (XL), TiVo Monthly Fee,VIVID 200 Optical Fibre, Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Retentions, £0.00 Activation Fee £14.99 .

This will be a self install (being delivered today Saturday 21/01/17 but doubt it) and now I am wondering if I am getting just a tivo box as I believe the V6 has to be installed by an engineer. I phoned Virgin (today Saturday 21/01/17) and was told  Yodel the delivery company deliver on a Saturday up until 9pm (yeah right). Who's going to wait in till 9pm on a Saturday night for Yodel to turn up?

When upgrading a package do they automatically give customers a V6 as their offer suggests or do they still send out  tivo box's?

Jack_C
Dialled in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade package. Will I get a Tivo or V6 delivered by Yodel?

Try calling and asking to be put through to retentions seeing as how they seem to be the ones listed in your email:  150 or 0345 454 1111

Optionally, Google 'Virgin Media CEO email' (as it's against forum rules to post it here) and send this post as an email along with the contents of the email they sent you. I'd recommend forwarding it.

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest  TiVo ... As far as I a aware ..V6 can NOT be self-installed ... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'd also say it's going to be TiVo.

In addtion to the fact the the V6 box is engineer install only at the moment, there are one-off costs for the V6 that aren't in the package breakdown.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I was told a V6 would be delivered as that is what I negotiated with retention's along with the Hub 3 and VIVID 200. He did mention something about other fees and I held on while he worked something out and said that with the customer loyalty it would be £68 pm plus the activation fee which I presume would be for the Hub 3 and V6. I was then given a delivery date.

If it turns out to be Tivo but I want the V6 for the price negotiated what is the best course of action?

0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box delivered to niehgbour yesterday not V6 as promised.

Just checked the £71 package the same one I was offered for £68 with discount, which is on the virgin website.

This is what I should have got.

Equipment
Virgin Media Super Hub
Included
Virgin TV V6 box
Included
Your Hub and main Virgin TV V6 box need to sit next to each other and be connected by an Ethernet cable to work best.
Installation & set up
Activation Fee

Applied to your first bill £14.99
Engineer installation, set up and demo
Free

Included as standard
Total payments
Monthly cost 
£71.00 a month
One off payment
To pay today
£0.00
To be applied to your first bill
£14.99

Anyone from Virgin on here can send an engineer with a V6 box. I haven't activated the Tivo.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

As an existing customer, the V6 costs a one off £50 more than you've been charged with your current deal.

So to get a V6 it's not simply swapping the box but a new agreement.

Ted2
Dialled in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that I am now on a 12 month contract with or without a V6 as I have swapped a V+ box for a tivo.?

As an existing customer and to view my offers online I am taken to a page where it says

"We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help."

So I phoned the number and the package negotiated was for a V6 plus Vivid 200 for £68. If I am going to enter into a 12 month contract I just as well have the new V6 instead of being supplied the old equipment that I was paying over the odds before..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm saying that to get a V6 with the Full House and 200Mbps bundle you agreed the one off costs would have been £64.94 and not the £14.99 that you've been charged.
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish. I agreed as an existing customer to pay £68 pm to upgrade to V6 plus VIVID 200 with only the £14.99 activation fee to pay and nothing else.

This is the same offer to new customers i.e., £71 pm plus £14.99 with no  £64.94 to pay and obviously a 12 month contract.  

You said "to get a V6 it's not simply swapping the box but a new agreement"

I swapped a V+ box for a tivo is that a new agreement?  

0 Kudos