Menu
arekisu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Updated TV anywhere app

On the whole I do like the updated TV anywhere app. Except one thing, the remote control.

I used to use my phone a lot of the time to control the Tivo box as the app had an identical version of the remote on it. Now it's had most of is functionality removed.

Anyone else disappointed by this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Updated TV anywhere app

Hi arekisu,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch on the Forum about the TV Anywhere app. I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the new app. 

Please let me know which functions have been removed that you aren't happy about and I can feed this back to our TiVo® team. 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
arekisu
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I mentioned in my post, it's the remote control part of the app that has been changed beyond all recognition. It used to look exactly the same as the physical remote, now it has hardly any of its previous functions.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I'll let them know. Thanks

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

arekisu wrote:
As I mentioned in my post, it's the remote control part of the app that has been changed beyond all recognition. It used to look exactly the same as the physical remote, now it has hardly any of its previous functions.

You are aware that there are three separate pages of control functions which you can swipe down/up between?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
arekisu
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I didn't know that no. Thanks for the help. It's a shame that the Virgin media website doesn't mention the new remote interface at all, the only info I found was a video of someone using the old app on a tablet.
0 Kudos