Menu
Naadei
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unsuitable programmes on Nickelodeon

I am appalled to find today that my daughter is able to watch programmes such as Hollywood Heights, Home and Away etc on a channel which is being advertised to broadcast 'kids shows'.

Not only should they not be televised but there is also a warning advising children to seek adult approval before watching. This just confirms that these programs are not intended for children and you are fully aware that the contents are unsuitable for children who are your captive audience. I am terribly disappointed and will inform 'Virgin Media'.

In a society where children are already prematurely sexualised, we find that the safe haven than they have found where they can be children is now another place for even more programmes with adult content and connotations.

Children in my care are not glued to the to therefore on the odd occasion where they'd like to watch TV I'd put trusted old Nickelodeon etc but now, my children has to get authorisation from an adult when watching programmes on these channels. Might I add that there are still the usual programmes also been aired either side of these unsuitable programmes which is even more worrying.

This is just too much! What does Virgin Media have to say about this? I am waiting contact from Nickelodeon.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unsuitable programmes on Nickelodeon

Naadei wrote:
I am appalled to find today that my daughter is able to watch programmes such as Hollywood Heights, Home and Away etc on a channel which is being advertised to broadcast 'kids shows'.

Not only should they not be televised but there is also a warning advising children to seek adult approval before watching. This just confirms that these programs are not intended for children and you are fully aware that the contents are unsuitable for children who are your captive audience. I am terribly disappointed and will inform 'Virgin Media'.

In a society where children are already prematurely sexualised, we find that the safe haven than they have found where they can be children is now another place for even more programmes with adult content and connotations.

Children in my care are not glued to the to therefore on the odd occasion where they'd like to watch TV I'd put trusted old Nickelodeon etc but now, my children has to get authorisation from an adult when watching programmes on these channels. Might I add that there are still the usual programmes also been aired either side of these unsuitable programmes which is even more worrying.

This is just too much! What does Virgin Media have to say about this? I am waiting contact from Nickelodeon.

I suspect that Virgin will not have much to say about it as they simply the transmit channels. The content shown is the decision of the channel owner, Nickelodeon, so you will have to wait and see what they say.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Naadei
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unsuitable programmes on Nickelodeon

Yes, you are absolutely right, that's why I contacted them first. I do hope they get back to me.
0 Kudos