Menu
kfv
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unsecured and poorly maintained street cabinet

Dear Virgin

I'm afraid I have reported an unsecured street box multiple times on the Street Equipment Hotline and have repeatedly asked for a callback and have also been promised a call by by a member of the technical team but have never had a response.

The cabinet in question is unsecured, it has just been tied up with a piece of string since being first reported on Friday 30th September 2016. It is also poorly maintained in general.

Please can someone get in touch to discuss resolving this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unsecured and poorly maintained street cabinet

Hi kfv,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for getting in touch regarding your local Virgin Media street cabinet. The Hotline is no longer available, apologies for the inconvenience this causes and that you haven't received a response.

In order to escalate this to our Maintenance Team, I'll need for you to provide the following information. Please make sure to respond via private message with the following details:

A cabinet reference if possible

• What Damage does the cabinet have to it?
  • Where is the cabinet located? (please give as much information as you can)
  • Customers Name
  • Customer address, including postcode
  • A contact number and email address

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi kfb

Many thanks for getting back to Terri with your message and the information we needed to follow up on the cabinet issue for you.

I messaged the teams about this earlier on today for you and they have come back to me and confirmed that they will look into this for you and contact you regarding this on the contact information you provided for us. You should probably hear from the team about this by the beginning of next week.

If you could keep in touch with us to confirm when this is sorted for you, that would be great Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi kfv

Just checking in with you to see if the cabinet has been secured since we last spoke? I know we have been chatting in a PM about this so I'm just touching base to confirm this is now sorted.

The teams have not come back to me to say there was an issue in getting this resolved so I hope it has been taken care of.

If not if you could let me know and I'll get back on this for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
kfv
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I'm afraid this has not been resolved. The cabinet is still unsecured.

Please can you elevate?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for letting me know.

I really apologise about the delays in getting this resolved for you.

I have escalated this again for you and I will keep on escalating this until this is sorted for you.

I'll keep you posted once more.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi this seems to be a country wide problem, there are boxes on my estate with doors unsecured virgins people come and work on them then don't close the doors properly, so the rain can get in, no wonder the services are always failing. I have placed heavy bricks to keep the doors shut. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi kfv

I've been asked if you could if you can pop some pictures on here for us please?

This is to identify if we can just arrange to send someone out to close the cabinet securely or if this will need a new shell or repaint too to resolve the maintanence you have mentioned is needed.

If you could pop up some pics for us if that is possible, that would be great!

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mickey

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address and the contact number for you, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

If you could drop that over to me that would be fab Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mickey

Thanks for your PM to me, all received Smiley Happy

I've flagged this to the cabinet teams for you and hopefully I'll hear back from them in the next week or so to confirm the actions they are taking to resolve this. I appreciate at this moment they do have a bit of a backlog of communications to work through but I can escalate this if we have no response by the end of next week.

Kind regards, and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos