Menu
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable Catchup Service

Our virgin TV service  works quite well BUT over the last few weeks the catchup service is either not available or breaks down in the middle of a programme. This is very annoying as I am still having to pay full price for the service.

There are always UNHELPFUL error messages given as to the reason why . This is really meaningless to MR average user who just wants the service.

I have not spoken to the call centre as I d not think I would get an answer. Please can a virgin technical person based in the UK contact me to explain and to tell me how this is going to be fixed

Disappointed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Catchup Service

Hi B79T-d, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Catch Up Service. 

I have gone into the account today to check things at this end and it looks as though the TiVo® is switched off. Can you please turn back on at the mains and leave on so we can run some checks and find out what's going on there Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Kath
Thanks for this. I tend not to have the TIVO box switched off during the day and only switch it on when I a watching TV. I have switched it on now and will leave it on all day for Sat ,Sun, Mon and Tue.
My TV and net works fine but catch up is getting to be real pain and totally unreliable. I tried to watch something last night(Friday) and all was going well until it cut out. May I suggest that you phone me and then we can talk. I have not put my number into this reply but I am sure that you can get it internally .
Thanks as this issue is a real pain
Brian
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

B79T-d wrote:
Kath
Thanks for this. I tend not to have the TIVO box switched off during the day and only switch it on when I a watching TV. I have switched it on now and will leave it on all day for Sat ,Sun, Mon and Tue.
My TV and net works fine but catch up is getting to be real pain and totally unreliable. I tried to watch something last night(Friday) and all was going well until it cut out. May I suggest that you phone me and then we can talk. I have not put my number into this reply but I am sure that you can get it internally .
Thanks as this issue is a real pain
Brian

The Tivo is designed to be on 24/7. If you only switch it on when you want to use it then you are always likely to suffer problems. 

So it is less an issue that the Catchup Service is unreliable and more to do with how you are using your Tivo.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Kath

I read the response from another  forum member. i.e the TIVO box is designed to be on 24 hrs a day. Surely not!!!!! .This has only just started to happen in the last few weeks.We have used our box in the same way since we have had the service. So what has happened in the last few weeks to the network in our area.

I hate to be cynical but technicians were working on the network near us in the last few weeks. We could see them from our house. This fault started to occur then If I remember there  was no service for quite a few days on catchup  during this period. Are the two things related I wonder!!!!!!!. Stranger things have happened

What do the error messages  all mean .All appear to be different but the effect is the same-no service/unreliable service

The logs should give a clue

I used the "catchup" system on Saturday afternoon. My one hour programme lasted 30 mins approx. before I got kicked out Box is till on as per  post

Brian .

0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Kath

I just wondered if you have had the opportunity to look into this issue

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi B79T-d,

Thanks for coming back to us.  

I will be happy to help get to the bottom of this for you.  I have connected to your box remotely and is showing as 'offline' at present.  I'm assuming it is turned off at present.

I would like to just confirm, when your box is turned off, is this in standby or is it powered off?  If it's in standby that's super Smiley Happy  If the box is powered off daily, this can affect any updates it requires and can cause the box to not function correctly in various ways.

Can you also confirm the error message/code please?  This will help me narrow down exactly what is causing the issue.

If you can please let me know when the box is turned on I will re-check and see what's happening.  I'm in till 4.30pm today so let me know at your earliest convenience when the box is turned on I can help further. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Collette
Sorry for delayed responsePlease call me on our landline no. Each day the box is switched(powered) off
I fully understand the update issue which was explained to us when we had the box installed.

When we switch on the TV we do the following
1/switch on power to box and leave it for about 10 mins
2/then we switch on the TV and all services start up without problem

The error messages have been many and various and I have not kept a note but one I do remember is c130 but won't the log tell you

Box will be on all day today.It is usually on from about noon each day.

Please look up my email address ad phone number form your internal records and message me. I do not want to put them in what is in effect a public document so I hope you will understand. Our phone number is not exdirectory

Thanks
brian
0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Collette
One further thought. This problem has only stated to happen in the last few weeks. It has never happened in the past
Brian
0 Kudos
B79T-d
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Collette
I tried live chat to see if you could be messaged colleague tried to help but chat came to an end. I donot know if it was a fault or I ran out of characters. Can not reconnect.Colleague did read all my posts
0 Kudos