Menu
woodifer
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to watch Live Tv, keeps trying to open TIVO to record

Tivo box defaults to record , unable to select program and watch live.

try to clear, asks to press red button then dies.

Help !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch Live Tv, keeps trying to open TIVO to record

Hello woodifer,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

This sounds like a strange problem but if you haven't already tried this the first thing I would do is turn the box off at the mains and back on to see whether it still happens when it loads back up.

Please let me know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
woodifer
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is what we have to do, but its a constantly repeating problem. And of course you then have to wait for it to re-boot , often miss half the program you want to watch before its sorted.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Woodifer

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently. So I'm sure about how I can help, can you describe what you mean by the box defaults to record? 

Are you experiencing issues every time you try to watch live content? Or Recorded content? 

With a bit more information I'll take a look at this right away for you.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
woodifer
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem is random, but frequent. Usually at start up but occasionally when returning if TV left on.

Switch on tv and Tivo box goes through wake up routine, often twice, then opens in record mode. opens channel with recording bar at the bottom, says press red button and loose picture.

Only way I can get it to play a live program then is to re-boot and go all through start up again and if lucky can then see half the program you have missed.

Not really very convenient, we do not use record feature at all or play videos or films other than broadcast.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello woodifer,

Craig_D is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind if I respond.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for a technician to take a look at your TiVo® box so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos