Menu
david1963
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log into TV Anywhere

i have used TV Anywhere from my iPad for ages to access my main TiVo box  Suddenly, I can't login. It says username or password invalid. 

I can log in to Tv Anywhere via the web on the same iPad.  I have deleted and reinstalled the App and also tried on a different Android tablet with same results.

All that has changed on my account is that my 2nd box V+ HD box was changed for a TiVo but it is not on my home network so there can't be a clash. 

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to log into TV Anywhere

Hi david1963,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that the TV Anywhere service has stopped working on your iPad. It's good to see BenMcr jumping in to find out more information on the problem.

It's possible that changes with your TiVo may have caused a problem. I have re-synchronized your TV Anywhere settings and sent new signals to your TiVo boxes. Please reboot both boxes.

Here are the Apple Requirements for TV Anywhere:

Apple devices meeting the following specifications can use the TV Anywhere app:

• iOS 7 or higher
  • iPad 2 or later
  • iPhone 4 or later
  • iPod touch 5th generation or later

NOTE: Please make sure you’re using the latest version of the TV Anywhere app as older versions will not work for streaming live TV or TiVo management. If you’re running iOS 6 or earlier you’ll need to update to iOS 7 where possible to use TV Anywhere on your device.

Please let me know how you get on with this. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What model of iPad do you have and which version of iOS is it on?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
david1963
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

4th Generation (A1458) running 9.3.1

it worked last weekend but not now. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi david1963,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that the TV Anywhere service has stopped working on your iPad. It's good to see BenMcr jumping in to find out more information on the problem.

It's possible that changes with your TiVo may have caused a problem. I have re-synchronized your TV Anywhere settings and sent new signals to your TiVo boxes. Please reboot both boxes.

Here are the Apple Requirements for TV Anywhere:

Apple devices meeting the following specifications can use the TV Anywhere app:

• iOS 7 or higher
  • iPad 2 or later
  • iPhone 4 or later
  • iPod touch 5th generation or later

NOTE: Please make sure you’re using the latest version of the TV Anywhere app as older versions will not work for streaming live TV or TiVo management. If you’re running iOS 6 or earlier you’ll need to update to iOS 7 where possible to use TV Anywhere on your device.

Please let me know how you get on with this. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
david1963
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

update....it suddenly started working this evening.  Bizarre!  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi david1963,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bizmuth
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I too am now experiencing this problem. All of a sudden, i cant log in to TV anywhere from either of my devices (tablet and iphone) it appears to be a login problem as nothing has been changed at either end. Im on holiday at the moment and was wanting to make a change to my recordings but cant get at them.I t

0 Kudos
RichieC
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bizmuth wrote:

I too am now experiencing this problem. All of a sudden, i cant log in to TV anywhere from either of my devices (tablet and iphone) it appears to be a login problem as nothing has been changed at either end. Im on holiday at the moment and was wanting to make a change to my recordings but cant get at them.I t

Agree with you, there must be a system problem as I have been having the same problem this morning, I have even reset my Virginmedia Password and it still doesn't work, also tried one of my other accounts that has the same TV Access level and that's not working either, I believe that there are some issues happening with the TV services, this could be what is causing the problem.

0 Kudos