Menu
GaryCK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

UTV Issues - Loss of picture and audio

I've had VM in for around 5-6 weeks. Now when watching UTV HD (i havent tried SD) I lose the picture and sound on this channel for around 2 seconds.

The screen goes black and makes a strange buzzing noise, then the picture comes back after around 1-2 seconds.

Its happening on all boxes at home, 3 tivo 1 VHD box.

all connections are 100% and this never happens on any other channels.

Very frustrating and makes the programs unwatchable. It happens so often throughout the day.

Any one help with this.

Tags (3)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: UTV Issues - Loss of picture and audio

Hi there GaryCK, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry that you've been experiencing issues when watching UTV HD, I can totally understand how frustrating this must be for you, especially as it's happening on all 4 set top boxes. 

I've done some testing on the connection, and can see some issues with signal strengths which I'd like a technician to call out and investigate for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I also have interference, white lines and loss of programmes on 113 only. I am area 26 Belfast. Engineer was out yesterday on an unrelated fault. Says it's a network problem and nothing he can do. What is my next step?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Would like Huw to contact me also

0 Kudos
alexaia
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I also am having the same problem and am aware of at least one other person having the same problem.

I phoned VM this morning who carried out some quick tests but found nothing wrong.  Suggested it might be a problem with UTV HD.  The operator said he would escalate the issue but at this stage problem still occurring.  

It is not obvious from UTV website who/where to contact to report the problem, so if anybody has any suggestions would be grateful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your posts.

We've now raised a fault for these problems under the fault reference F004277424 and our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. The estimated resolution date currently is set for the 8th of March.

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Kind regards 
Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Good to know someone working on it?

0 Kudos
GaryCK
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update.
0 Kudos