Menu
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UHD / 4k programmes on Virgin

Apart from Netflix and Youtube, are we likely to be offered some UHD/4k programmes in the near future? I'm thinking of BT and Sky Sports or maybe others. For most people, like me, with a V6 box, the 4k ability is redundant.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: UHD / 4k programmes on Virgin

There haven't been any announcements, but for BT and Sky Sports content it's as much up to BT and Sky to offer their content to Virgin Media as it is to Virgin Media to agree to carry it.

There hasn't been any indication yet that BT and Sky are going to or have done this.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There haven't been any announcements, but for BT and Sky Sports content it's as much up to BT and Sky to offer their content to Virgin Media as it is to Virgin Media to agree to carry it.

There hasn't been any indication yet that BT and Sky are going to or have done this.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough, but I remember the old saying 'If you don't ask, you don't get' or would that look like Virgin are too keen and therefore will pay anything? I also recall it took Virgin a very long time to prise HD sports and movie channels from Sky. We'll see!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One thing is for certain. Both Sky & BT are bringing in substantial price hikes alongside 4K introduction. There is no doubt if VM do get these channels wholesale they will have to do likewise.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
alexgrist
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I ordered the V6 box I did so after guarantee by the support agent that Sky F1 would be available in 4K. Considering the original TiVo box was awfully slow, I had to pay for V6 to get 4K channels but there are none?