Menu
WainwrightDJ82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Type of box

Hi

Scheduled for my installation next week and looking forward to getting rid of Sky broadband.

I have my contract to hand, and can see that it states '0001 Additonal V Box' - can anyone give me a link to some details of what I should expect? Previously we had Sky+ HD multiroom and so could record on the second box upstairs, though I'm a bit lost on whether this is possible or not on the V Box (I'm assuming this is different to the Tivo we'll have downstairs)?

Apologies for what might be a daft question, but any info would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Type of box

hi mate' if its the VHD box its a non recordable box but you can get all your catchup etc on it via virgin on demand i think still' not 100% sure as i've not had virgin tv for a while now' only got the 50mb broadband with virgin and my tv is sky+hd
I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would expect you'd get two TiVo boxes.

Virgin Media stopped selling any V boxes last September, so as you're new to Virgin Media you shouldn't be getting and version of a V box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi mate' if its the VHD box its a non recordable box but you can get all your catchup etc on it via virgin on demand i think still' not 100% sure as i've not had virgin tv for a while now' only got the 50mb broadband with virgin and my tv is sky+hd
I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos
WainwrightDJ82
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou - it doesn't actually specify whether it's a VHD or not, but I'll assume not to be the case.

Cheers
0 Kudos
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

or it could be a V+HD by the sounds of things hopefully you will get another tivo but not sure if they give them out as extra multiroom boxes
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would expect you'd get two TiVo boxes.

Virgin Media stopped selling any V boxes last September, so as you're new to Virgin Media you shouldn't be getting and version of a V box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos