Menu
Malkystirling
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv signal breaking up

Hi there. I'm have some issues with the signal on my TiVo box breaking up / pixelating.
This is happening across a few different channels.
Can anyone suggest a fix?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv signal breaking up

Hello

TV signal can be damaged by many items ....

VM box like all Digital TV boxes can get stuck which can give blocking images/ freezing images/ sound & image not matching and lines and flickers.

Most time a switch off the box and sometime the TV and check to see that all cable are still in right at that time should clear most troubles if it's your box or TV that is playing up .

A box reboot can also help with channels.

You many notice that some are OK some are not this can be due many items as said but a power off will clear any static in the system.

If you still getting troubles then check your area on VM site and if all clear report the trouble and you may find you are first to report the local trouble.

IF it clear up phone back to cancel any visit ....

hope this it helpful?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Malkystirling,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the signal that's likely causing the pixilation you've described. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

TV signal can be damaged by many items ....

VM box like all Digital TV boxes can get stuck which can give blocking images/ freezing images/ sound & image not matching and lines and flickers.

Most time a switch off the box and sometime the TV and check to see that all cable are still in right at that time should clear most troubles if it's your box or TV that is playing up .

A box reboot can also help with channels.

You many notice that some are OK some are not this can be due many items as said but a power off will clear any static in the system.

If you still getting troubles then check your area on VM site and if all clear report the trouble and you may find you are first to report the local trouble.

IF it clear up phone back to cancel any visit ....

hope this it helpful?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Malkystirling,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the signal that's likely causing the pixilation you've described. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out