Menu
Raz407
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tv service stuck in update mode

Hi

My Virgin Media set top box is stuck on a screen stating "Important Please do not switch off your set top box. We're updating your Digital TV service, which may take a few minutes. Your box will restart automatically when this is complete."

It is stuck on stage 1 of 3 and has been like this for the past few days.

Ive tried doing a hard reboot of the device, starting the device and then attaching the cable line and tried another same version of set top from my girlfriends house.

The display on the box is constantly changing and displaying different codes - "ld39" "lfra" "frin" and fn01 to fn09 and h1 to h800.

Looks to me that its trying to send my line some kind of IOS\firmware upgrade thats corrupt as neither set top i tried would accept it.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Brian_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv service stuck in update mode

Hi Raz407,

Please refer to the private message I will send you in a moment.

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
0 Kudos
TonyStark
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No help to offer, but I've got the same problem here in Belfast. V+ Box decided to update itself this afternoon, showing the screen described by the OP, and continually cycles through the fr, fn and h counts. Tried soft and hard resets with no change.

I called the support line (more in hope than anticipation of any useful assistance) and got the usual "There's no fault in your area, I'll have to arrange a technician visit", so now I have to sit in all of Friday morning to wait for the tech to call. Meanwhile my series links for the week are not being recorded. 

Not a happy bunny.

Tags (3)
pjmackers
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just had mine installed. Worked properly for about two hours then got the same message as you. Engineer has to come on Tuesday to fix it. More time off work for me. WHY DID I LEAVE SKY, I WAS WARNED!!!!!

0 Kudos
sam4145
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the same problem and re-setting the box doesn't help. Can you send me this mysterious private message too (hopefully saying how to fix it!) ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Scott_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi sam4145,

I have just sent you a private message in regards to this issue. If you have tried a reboot a technician visit will be required. You can access your private messages by clicking on the envelope symbol on the top right of the page.

Regards

Scott_C

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
0 Kudos
Cirus26
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

mine needs fixing too? can you help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Darren_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cirus26,

Can you please advise on fault you are experiencing?

Cheers

Darren E

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

0 Kudos
Cirus26
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in update mode, an engineer is gonna come out next wednesday now another week of no tv how great

0 Kudos
Pbroddy
Settling in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem as the OP- stuck in update mode 1 of 3 - can anyone help?

0 Kudos