Menu
Cheekypickle69
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv pixelating

I had a 2nd box installed a few weeks ago (27th Feb) and upon installation, there was no signal but the engineer sorted it and left. Since then, it's been breaking up and pixelating heavily to the point where you just can't watch it. Occasionally it also says there's no signal??

I've tried leaving the box on indefinitely to see if it was because it needed to warm up after being on standby but this doesn't help.

I've also tried rebooting the box (unplugging everything, double checking all connections and restarting) but this hasn't helped either!

It's a V+ HD box. Can anyone suggest anything else? I've also run the service thing from my account but still not working properly.

Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv pixelating

Hi Cheekypickle69,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your additional box hasn't worked correctly since installation.  I can see you have an engineer booked to call round and fix this for you.

It would be great if you could let me know how you get on afterwards.  I'm here to help if you need me for anything.

Hope you have a lovely week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
auldboi
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a loose connection. Make sure the white coax cable is screwed tight into the back of your box.

Is there any pixelation on your 1st box?
0 Kudos
Cheekypickle69
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No pixilation on my first box which is a TiVo box and I've checked the cables
0 Kudos
auldboi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the vhd online (little heart light staying on) and you can get catch up?

Also check there are no staples in the cable leading to the box.

It will be a signal issue. If cable seems fine then will be best to book a tech
0 Kudos
Cheekypickle69
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok I can't see this heart light but I have tested the catch up TV and I have access to this so I'm guessing that part is as it should be (except for the pixilation and jumping/stuttering rubbish!)

I've double checked the wire going into the box and it's in tight. There are no staples in it as it wasn't fixed to the wall (was just dropped down the back of furniture so left loose). Of course that's not to say the cable outside doesn't have a staple in it? I'm not able to check that!

I'm guessing I'm gonna need an engineer to come out?? Bloody pain.....this hasn't been right since installation!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Cheekypickle69,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your additional box hasn't worked correctly since installation.  I can see you have an engineer booked to call round and fix this for you.

It would be great if you could let me know how you get on afterwards.  I'm here to help if you need me for anything.

Hope you have a lovely week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos