Menu
Tim_allen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv picture freezing is it weather?

My Tv picture has started freezing, midway through watching tv. 

Been advised this is due to low signal.

could this be due to the sudden cold weather and temperatures? As no coaxial cables have been touched. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv picture freezing is it weather?

Cold weather usually has the opposite effect (signal levels increase on long cable runs). Could be a connection or splitter deteriorating.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Tim_allen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok cheers for the reply.

weirdly it's only happening on normal channels. Whereas HD channels are running fine

eg, BBC1 on 101 is totally frozen, whereas bbc1 in HD on 108 is fine.

are they on different frequencies or something? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep. That's correct. They are linear channels carried in the same way as terrestrial & satellite TV services. A call to the faults department is all that's needed (150 from a VM phone). They can check levels remotely & send engineers out if necessary.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tim_allen,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and I can see a technician was booked but this was then flagged as a fault in the area so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos