Menu
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tv interference. Network fault I am told

I keep getting interference this last few weeks on my tv. Happens two or three times an hour.

sound like a car horn in the distance and then come 7 horizontal white bands about an inch wide flashing on the screen. Sound goes then. Flicker 7 times always before returning to normal. Engineer was out today on an unrelated matter and changed the box. Spoke to him about the lines and he said it was a known network fault in my area and he could do nothing about it. Anyone give me any information please.the box the boxthe to box. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv interference. Network fault I am told

Same here only on 113.
0 Kudos

All Replies
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same here only on 113.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Needawin,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this experience with your channels.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine signal wise.  I have had a look at the area and there doesn't appear to be any issues at the moment.  

Can you let me know if you're still getting any picture disruption please?  If so, I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, still getting the interference and getting worse. Saw another post on the forum from another customer getting exactly the same interference. Only on 113. Engineer who was out with me yesterday said it was a known network fault on 113 and nothing that he could do about it.

engineer who was out yesterday was great by the way and I have no complaint about him. Peter

0 Kudos
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Collette,

Can you check mine as well?
The fault is only on 113 UTV HD and only on TiVo, not V+.

0 Kudos
mcgooks
Just joined
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T

We are also experiencing this in Belfast (BT4)

Its pretty annoying actually - we were nearly buying a new TV.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mcgooks
Just joined
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Collette, the HD box is also affected. we have one in our bedroom and its been jumping Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Collette is currently out of the office. 

We did indeed become aware of an issue which was affecting UTV HD (Channel 113). The reference for this was F004277424. This has since been restored. Should anyone still be experiencing an issue, could they please let me know so that I can investigate further. 

I've checked and can see that the fault was caused by some faulty equipment which has since been changed. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. Any problems I will let you know. Peter

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

More channel interference after last week

Had my + box changed two weeks ago because of delayed programmes coming in on top of programmes I am watching.

Then had the interference on 113 only which seems to have been sorted.

last night was crazy. Watching the Night Manager on BBC1. Missed what one of the characters said so I wound back about 1 minute. Obviously I was then in delay TV

next things he National Lottery programme from the previous night  comes in on top of the Night Manager.only way I could get rid of it was to hit TVs buttons X exit delay. Discovered later that anything I had taped on the new box was wiped clean. Anyone hsimilar problem. By the way the lottery programme had not been recorded by mem?eapology for mistakes but I can't get a cursor on there pages and words are coming up different to those typed

0 Kudos