Menu
fenixriot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv code for remote

Ive just purchased a new panasonic 55cx400b 4k tv and for the life of me cannot get the virgin tivo remote to connect with the tv, my old toshiba tv worked with it fine. So does anybody know of a specific code for this tv?

Oh and i have tried all the k own codes on virgins website.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv code for remote

I assume that the codes you have tried were the ones on this link

The same problem has been rumbling around on Sky forums as well.  It appears from there (I'm only repeating what they posted) that this range was actually made by a company called Vestel, and simply rebadged Panasonic.

Some people had success using the Vestel codes, for Virgin it could be one of the following;

0044, 0049, 0101, 0107, 0125, 0152, 0166, 0379, 0654

It didn't work for everyone, and Panasonic apparently claimed that this TV range are not designed to work with universal/programmable remotes.  I would suggest that if this is the case, then go back to whoever sold you the TV and see if they will let you change it on the grounds that it's not suitable for your purpose

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
fenixriot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv code for remote

Thanks. I had also heard this as well.  

I won't be returning the TV as despite it not being a true Panasonic it is a beautiful TV with a fantastic quality screen, so I'll just put up with having to use my TV remote to control volume.

I had tried all the codes already with no luck, was hoping that there may have possibly been a list of updated codes.

Cheers.

0 Kudos