Menu
garethtowler1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv cancellation process

I want to cancel Virgin TV, what's the process to do this? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv cancellation process

garethtowler1 wrote:
I want to cancel Virgin TV, what's the process to do this? Thanks.

Hi,

If you are no longer in contract you simply need to call customer services on 150 if you have a VM phone, otherwise dial 0345 454 1111. You will need to give 30 days notice. 

I presume you have broadband and phone with them? If you do and you cancel just your TV you will probably end up paying more, crazy but true.

Your best bet is to go to the Virgin Media website and build a bundle which is suitable, these are for new customers. Then call customer services and go for option 4, which will put you through to the retention's team. New customers get better deals than existing customers. Armed with the info you gleaned from the website, tell them about the prices you have seen, you will be in better position to negotiate a deal.

Be warned though, dealing with VM's customer services team is not the most pleasurable experience in the world. Call before 8pm and you will be speaking to someone in the UK.

Good luck!

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv cancellation process

Shroko wrote:

Be warned though, dealing with VM's customer services team is not the most pleasurable experience in the world. Call before 8pm and you will be speaking to someone in the UK.

To be fair when I get through to them I find they are quite helpful no matter where they are. I would advise calling during UK working hours for package renegotiations as they are not empowered to do much in standard customer services.  I called at end of last year to add sky movies and ended up with a broadband upgrade and sky sports for less than the advertised upgrade cost.

0 Kudos