Menu
Cun0121
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tv Problems in B36 area

Hi
I have No virgin cable tv in Castle Bromwich B36 area.. The cable box just displays er-16 Does anyone know what going on ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Problems in B36 area

Hi Cun0121,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TV service isn't working for you.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  

Is there anything listed for your area on our Service Status Page?  If not and you're still experiencing this error on the TV service, let me know and I can help further.

Also I wasn't able to locate your account to carry out the necessary checks.  I will send you a private message requesting further details.

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
donemybit
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am also from B36 and we had no TV or broadband either, I phoned VM up and they knew about it, it is all back on now, however I am getting pixelation problems on quite a few channels, not HD I dont think, also strange noises coming from the tv, bad signal I imagine. I have'nt looked at the TV today so I don't know what its like.
Terry
0 Kudos
donemybit
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Further to my earlier post, we are having a lot of problems with the reception, a lot of the channels are not working, strange noises coming from the TV or box, we have switched it on and off that many times it is becoming a joke. I called 150 but they put me through to India, and thats no good to me, been having problems for the last 2 days. The Indian woman says its a problem in the area. Done a test on the website, but it says no known issues, surely if theres a problem in the area you would know about it. The box is years old and it was second hand when we had it, it could be that, I don't know. What I do know is I am getting fed up of it all. We are having to watch Freeview and I am thinking of cancelling my service and stay with Freeview. Can somebody help.
0 Kudos
donemybit
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Following on from last nights post, I checked the TV this morning only to find that the problems seem to have got worse, 108hd and 113hd are ok but all the other lower numbered channels are not working at all, plus a number of the higher numbered channels. I have'nt gone through them all, I have'nt got the patience. I am loath to call 150 as I do not want to be put through to India only to be told that there is a problem in the area..I have to go into hospital Tuesday 16th so if the problem is not resolved by Monday I will have to call Retentions. It has been going on for 3 days now and not once have I seen anyone working on the 2 boxes thats outside my house. Thank you.

Terry
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're seeing an issue in your local area, reference F004223838 which is causing some channels to freeze and go blank. The team are currently working to resolve this and the review date has been set for Monday. If, for any reason you're still experiencing the issue on Monday, let me know and I'll see what's happening for you.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
donemybit
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I just happened to see one of your engineers come out to the box outside, I went and had a word with him and showed him the problems we were having. Apparently the problem is caused by some builders who are building some houses and they dug up the fibre cables. At least we now know whats happening. At least I got a £4.44 credit off my next bill, so it pays to moan. :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry

Thanks for taking the time get back to me, I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear that an engineer was out to take a look this morning too, if things don't improve as a result then let me know and I'll arrange for this to be escalated right away.

Sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
donemybit
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem now sorted and fixed. Well done to the engineer, very polite and professional. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's great news Terry,

Thanks for the update.  I'm pleased to hear all is working ok for you now.

Should you need us again you know where to find us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos