Menu
Uptheus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv Anywhere have to keep logging in on ipad

Since the update to the TV Anywhere app I have to log in each time on the ipad, it doesn't seem to remember the details like the previous version.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Anywhere have to keep logging in on ipad

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that the TV Anywhere app isn't remembering your login details on your iPad. 

I'd like to look into this further for you to find out what's causing this, so I'll need to verify your details. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kingfisher8867
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this trouble, almost every time I use the anywhere app on my Ipad 2 I have to keep logging in.

The trouble only really started since our TIVO box was replaced with a new one. ( plus I think the app got an update)

As far as I can tell all the settings are correct and I have tried deleting the app and reloading it.

0 Kudos
Imonalaptop
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem on iPad mini4 and iPhone 5se. Was advised to reinstall app which I did, but it hasn't made a difference.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kingfisher8867, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear that having to log in again and again is causing you an inconvenience. 

Usually you would only be required to log in again if you haven't opened the app within a few days. 

Is there a box there you can check to stay logged in? 

Is anyone else logging in on a different device?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kingfisher8867
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Since my TIVO box was replaced a few months ago, every day I go to use the TV anywhere app I've had to log into it.

At first I thought it was because I sometimes also use the website to plan recordings as well, so for a couple of days I just used the app on my iPad, but even that didn't work, I still had to log in. The only other device that has the app on it is my Android phone, but both devices are registered.

As an experiment I have uninstalled it from my phone to see if that helps.

Watch this space.

0 Kudos
kingfisher8867
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just an update:
Nothing has changed, I still have to log in each day I use the TV anywhere app.
Is it designed to work on any device?
I have an iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Uptheus,

Thanks for sending your details via PM. Checking into this, I can see that a new update was sent out in the last few days to resolve the logging in issue customers are having. 

Please let me know if you are still being affected by this.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos