Menu
georgina4781
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get me to pay more money to fix on Demand and broadband problem?

Not impressed with Virgin, I've put up for really poor service now for far longer than I should have and when I rang up today they said they couldn't find any fault with my TV service (even though it frequently cus of the On Demand service.)  She then went on to say that my package was too low (I'm still on 30MB) which I'm pretty sure I should have had a free upgrade, (I've been with virgin now for 10 years ) so she went on to say that she could upgrade me to 100MB for £47 or 50MB for £42, but all I want is for my service to work as it should!! Why should I be paying anything for service that regularly cuts out and can't handle the traffic of a two person families needs?  Anyone having similar issues, starting to feel conned Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get me to pay more money to fix on Demand and broadband problem?

If you check through the various forums you will see you ain't the Lone Ranger. VM seem to be trying really hard too alienate their customers to the point of customer's jumping ship to other providers. All you can do guy assuming you are out of contract is phone retentions and tell them you are off to another service provider. But make sure you are out of contract so you don't end up with a penalty payment.
0 Kudos
PaulBurge55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought your TV service connection is a different and separate  connection to your broadband.

But even if it is not  a  30 Meg connection should be more that adequate for on demand.

The Tivo (not sure about the V+ HD box) is supposed to have its own 10Meg connection.

I have 152 Meg BB but still have problems with on demand on the Virgin Boxes.

I use my Smart BluRay connected to my Network instead and have no problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi georgina4781,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the On Demand service.  I'd like to help find out what's happening for you.

Can you please tell me more about the fault you're experiencing?  Do you get any error messages/codes when the fault happens?

I have taken an initial look at your box remotely and all looks fine signal wise.  There are other things that could be causing the fault you're having.  I will be able to check further when I have more detail of the fault you're getting.

I'd like to help get some answers for you, keep me posted on what's happening and I can help further. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
georgina4781
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem is intermittent,  The main problems with onDemand is that I come to watch something on Catchup a couple of days after the original showing and its not on the list, I check back , hourly and daily, I turn the box off and on again, still doesn't show, then maybe on the seventh day it will suddenly be on the list, then, because on demand is only on for seven days, I often end up missing it altogether.  The other problem with on demand is that the programme is on the list, I select it, it starts to play for a second, then freezes and then the grey screen pops up saying onDemand is currently unavailable.

In regard to my internet, it is just unreliable, I'm happy with the speed, I don't want to upgrade, but I'm getting seriously fed with the amount of times it cuts out .  When I rang up  I just had someone trying to sell me a larger package saying my problem would be resolved with 50MB or higher (which of course would be more costly)  As I say, I am happy with the 30MB speed, I don't have a huge demand for bandwidth as its just myself and my son in the house. I just want it to work,  I am extremely reluctant to upgrade, when the package I am paying for doesn't work half the time.  I do want to upgrade in the new year to a Tivo box, but unless my current problems are resolved I won't be, as I have no faith that paying more with get me a reliable service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi georgina4781,

Thank you for getting back to me with more information on the fault you're getting.  I will take a closer look at this now for you Smiley Happy

In regards to shows missing from the Catch Up listings, first thing I'd do is to check it should be available is to have a look via our On Demand Schedule.  If it is listed there, but it isn't on your actual TV On Demand listings the next step would be is to reboot as you have already done.  

If this doesn't resolve the issue, then the best thing to do is note the programme and let us know so we can take the necessary actions to resolve as we can often get the missing programmes listed in time for you.  If you can list for me any programmes currently missing I will be happy to check this further for you.  

In relation to programmes freezing once ordered and the internet being unreliable are most likely related.  Although I can't see any signal issues still I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out for you to get this checked over.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. (Look for the purple envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
georgina4781
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

I'm needing an engineer out to come and look at the router he installed.  It was fine for a while but the wireless connection is failing.  There have numerous issues that I've noticed that have been looked at from Virgins ends, the last major fault was a major outage last Thursday?? I think which neither broadband or mobile were working.  However, our wireless connectivity is totally unreliable.  The green light that indicates the wireless is functioning is intermittent and sometimes off completely.  I have reset numerous times, changed cables etc but it is starting to effect my sons ability to do his GCSE homework, so I'm getting impatient,  with all the problems I've been having with Virgin reliability over the last year, I'm strongly considering switching provider, I'd appreciate if someone could come and have a look again, but I'm not happy that I'm having to have another engineer out within two and a half months....

0 Kudos