Menu
Crescent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried to get Full House Ltd Edition for £80 but told NO

I tried to change my package from Big Daddy with Sky Sports and Movies to Full House Limited Edition Sky Movies which is advertised at £80 a month with a V6 box. After being put on hold for a while I was told no I can`t have it for £80 but I can have it for £97 a month. I have been through the Virgin media web site and nowhere is that price listed. Has anyone out there been able to get this package at the advertised price?

0 Kudos
connbob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tried to get Full House Ltd Edition for £80 but told NO

Hi,

I may be wrong, but it could be either line rental added or an installation fee. You could speak to retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (option 4 then 5) and they should be able to sort it at the price stated. Hope this helps

------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
0 Kudos
Crescent
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did speak to them and the young lady was quite understanding, tapping away at her keyboard trying to get the £80 advertised price, but those above her who she spoke to said no to the £80, which does include line rental. Also even though I was on the top phone package, they went and charged me for the 0345 phone call.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The issue is likely your a current customer..

You dont get a V6 as an existing punter (unless you upgrade)  so the computer is going to say "no"

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No freebies for existing customers I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Crescent
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am a current customer but why should that make a difference? The package is advertised at £80 a month with a V6 box, the lower offer price at £55 is for new customers. Nowhere does the price of £97 appear. Also I find it strange the number of people who defend Virgin even when they keep increasing their prices to loyal customers and only giving offers to new ones.

0 Kudos
Crescent
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You`re telling me. I have been with Virgin since Blueyonder in 2000. And not once have I received a freebie, they just keep sneaking up the price every few months. If it wasn`t for the good broadband I would have moved on ages ago.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Crescent wrote:

Yes I am a current customer but why should that make a difference? The package is advertised at £80 a month with a V6 box, the lower offer price at £55 is for new customers. Nowhere does the price of £97 appear. Also I find it strange the number of people who defend Virgin even when they keep increasing their prices to loyal customers and only giving offers to new ones.

I dont see anyone in the thread defending VM.

0 Kudos