Menu
TomAH
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Trashed my Grass

Who do I speak to or contact as virgin contractors have been laying cable and have dug my garden up and absolutely trashed it. Who should I contact as the contractors are not engaging me...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trashed my Grass

Hi TomAH,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I'm sorry if recent works in the area have been disruptive. 

I completely understand how untidy and messy things can get and look whilst we're in the process of laying our cables however once work has been completed, everything will go back to normal. 

If not, speak to the team on site so they can get things resolved for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TomAH
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath

That's not correct as messy by definition can be cleaned up. Spoiling a lawn can't be tidied up it needs repairing so I'm not sure how helpful your point is. Do you work for Virgin as it would be more helpful if somebody contacted me as your representatives promised. As for the local on site team they suggested it wasnt them I needed to speak to and it was Virgin. Again PR vs reality is significantly different. If you have an email or application I can share the photos with you on they will show the Damage not mess that the Virgin team have caused. Absolutely unacceptable by any standards. Contact from Virgin direct would be more constructive
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TomAH wrote:
Kath

That's not correct as messy by definition can be cleaned up. Spoiling a lawn can't be tidied up it needs repairing so I'm not sure how helpful your point is. Do you work for Virgin as it would be more helpful if somebody contacted me as your representatives promised. As for the local on site team they suggested it wasnt them I needed to speak to and it was Virgin. Again PR vs reality is significantly different. If you have an email or application I can share the photos with you on they will show the Damage not mess that the Virgin team have caused. Absolutely unacceptable by any standards. Contact from Virgin direct would be more constructive

TomAH,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience before even having the services activated. You can attach photos to your posts on this forum, that is likely to get their attention.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi TomAH, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I'm afraid we can't arrange callbacks via the Community. If you want to speak to someone regarding this instead then give the team a call on 0870 888 3116. This is number for the team who deal with Street Works. 

With regards to a lawn, more often than not, with time it will grow back so anything cosmetic wouldn't be classed as a priority. We would prioritise issues that could cause a health and safety issue first. 

The team on the above number can help though Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
TomAH
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how helpful that is ie damage is damage. On now 5 phone calls and 123 minutes on hold to be told that Cory is dealing with it and nobody else can is nothing to do with prioritisation just poor service in my view. So I have followed your suggested steps to little avail but at least you came back to me so thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi TomAH, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

When jobs are assigned to one person, it is easier to keep it with one person so it gives some continuity that way and you don't have 2 or 3 agents trying to chase the same thing when resolutions may have been reached. 

Health and Safety issues will always be prioritised over cosmetic issues for obvious reason. 

It may be worth trying this number instead: 0333 000 5925. You may get more luck Smiley Happy 

We're always here to help so let us know how things progress. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos