Menu
holiam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Today I have to leave Virgin

Today I have submitted my 30 days notice of termination because I am fed up paying circa 100GBP per month for a service that new customers can get for half that price with much faster boradband and more channels.

Thanks Virgin for rewarding loyalty.  And your advice from the termination team - why not get a family member to sign up and they will be treated as a new customer

Absolutely shameful.

Graham Hunter

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Today I have to leave Virgin

I think it was very nice of the advisor to suggest a family member sign up, why is that shameful?

0 Kudos
holiam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, perhaps add a little more context.  I have been customer of telewest/virgin for 20+ years.  I call advisor today to ask what I can do to get a similar deal that is being offered to new customers.  

My options.

1. Terminate and join up as new customer after 1 month

2. Get family member to sign up

If you have to ask why this is shameful, you have obviously never experienced dealing with a company that values, respects and rewards loyalty.  VM would rather go through a full disconnection returning of equipment, setting up a new contract at same address (another engineer visit) than just reward the loyal customer the same (or similar) bundle deal.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sky and bt do the same. get you in cheap at a no profit to them, then put up the prices. it is a well used business model across different industries.
0 Kudos