Menu
Blanco1
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

'To Be Announced' on TV guide.

'To Be Announced' has been showing on TV guide for 2 days now. Have tried to change this in settings and only managed to change the background colour to black (accidentally). I have phoned VM 4 times and kept waiting - NO answer from a person even though the message says I will be connected to an advisor in approx 2 minutes. Rubbish service. I have tried re-booting TIVO box and also switched everything off and on including Router.

So at moment tv working but menu has 'To Be Announced' - no channel information. Can't believe the poor customer service with Virgin. Need to leave soon and am checking out different suppliers. However, whilst I am paying would like the tv to display channel options.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'To Be Announced' on TV guide.

It's quite common for this to be shown on terrestrial channels especially, for programs from the following weekend onwards. The Tivo guide is +14 days, but terrestrial channels only list upto the Friday of the following week, for example. Others (take Sky as an example) have pretty much a rolling 14days in advance.

How far in advance do you have listings for different channels? As this may just be case of the guide not being far enough in advance for particular channels.

If this is a case of your box losing connection to the VM EPG, have you tried reloading the guide? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect. Sit back, wait 30minutes or so and see what becomes.

0 Kudos